TikTok cleaning hack caused woman's dryer to go on fire – Her.ie

A woman in Liverpool has issued a warning about a dangerous TikTok cleaning hack.
We may have found some incredible tricks and tips that make our houses gleam, but this one should be avoided.
Apparently, you should never throw your dog a stick – and this is why
She explained that she soaked sponges in fabric softener and water before placing them in her tumble dryer.
The tumble dryer hack resulted in a fire breaking out overnight when Hailee and her family were sleeping.
The mum said her family is lucky to be alive.
“This is the first time I ever used it and I’ve never had a problem with my dryer in any way, shape, or form,” the mum explained.
“We were woken up this morning to the house filled with smoke,” she revealed.
Hailee shared that the dryer was smoking and on fire throughout the entire night.

“It was burning slowly. It was absolutely terrifying,” she admitted in the TikTok video.
TikToker asks followers to help find who murdered her son a day before his 19th birthday
“We are very lucky to be alive,” she added.
She urged fellow TikTok users to be extremely cautious when trying hacks and tips from the app. A lot of the people on there are not experts and the hacks they’re sharing may cause more harm than good.
Hailee and her family are so lucky the fire didn’t spread further than the dryer.
It is always best to be cautious and do your research before trying hacks, especially like the one Hailee tried.
Her video is a stark reminder that you should never leave your dryer running when you’re asleep or away from your home. Turn it off at night time or when you’re leaving the house.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *